Merry Christmas everybody!
I have enjoyed playing Christmas songs and carols with you, solos and duets, and hope that you will have fun with them during the Christmas break.
If you get bored during the holidays you might like to try one of the following:
1. Put on your own informal concert for your friends and relatives: sort out a programme of your favourite pieces, design and make a programme, practise introducing your music and bowing and get your parents to record it for you. Let me know how it goes.
2. Write your own Christmas song, either totally original or use existing words and add a new tune to something such as Away in a Manger or Deck the Halls.
3. Download the music for your favourite tune, Christmassy or not, from www.musicnotes.com or www.greatscores.com and learn it.
4. Work out your favourite melody by ear and then add an accompanying LH using chords 1, 1V or V.
5. Have a look at my Pinterest board for more music and piano-ish ideas: http://pinterest.com/fionalau/piano-teaching-ideas/