Thursday 20 February 2014

My favourite iPad Apps!

Since getting my iPad last May I have become slightly addicted and also found it an invaluable tool for teaching.

My favourite apps are:

  • Yohondo! They have a series of ipad apps to help learn, practise and master ABRSM grade 1-3 piano pieces. Pianists can see someone playing their pieces, get helpful exercises and top tips for learning the piece, have  bite-size breakdowns of the parts of it, listen to the piece, and record and assess their performance too! Their website is www.yohondo.com  And you can find their apps at: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/yohondo/id659088117?mt=8



  • Scalebox is an app that helps you learn, prepare and test your grade 1-5 ABRSM scales and arpeggios. It isn't just for piano but has other instruments as well, I use it for my cello practice. It encourages pupils to listen and assess their scale playing too. Rapidly becoming indispensable in my lessons, especially in the run up to exams: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scalebox-for-abrsm-grades/id593299414?mt=8


No comments:

Post a Comment