Holiday Piano Ideas! for when you are bored or just want to explore music and the piano a little bit more.
· Play a concert; choose an easy piece, a well-known piece and a fun piece. You can invite family and friends and design and print a programme for it.
· Find out about one of your favourite composers. Write a potted biography of them and include: their dates of birth and death, where they lived, 3 interesting facts (did they like a certain food, have red hair etc), what kind of music they wrote, what instruments they wrote for or why you like their music.
· Try some of the ideas here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3DHQxvhiWDfVGFoWHNQVnFuWkE/edit
· Look ahead and try the next pieces in your book, listen to them on Spotify or YouTube and Do It Yourself!
· Try getting ahead with music theory- look on my Pinterest Boards for games to help with this: http://pinterest.com/fionalau/boards/
· Find a piano playing friend and play some easy peasy duets with them
· Teach your parents or your younger brothers and sisters an easy tune from your first books.
· Go to a concert- there are some Proms for children and some free ones!
· Try a new instrument- recorder is cheap and easy.
· Compose a tune for piano based on one of your favourite pieces.
· Find some new cool piano apps, try them out and come back and tell me all about them.
· Teach yourself to play a favourite TV or film theme tune by ear, or crack Happy Birthday!
· Video yourself playing a piece and upload it to YouTube or send it to me and I will put it on my blog!
· Visit somewhere musical in the holidays- Handel House in London or a famous concert hall, write a newspaper style report or blog about it.(send it to me and I will put it on my blog)
· Enjoy your Summer!