Scarlatti Sonata in D K492 Checklist
· Sort out, mark in and observe a workable fingering.
· All quavers to be lightly detached.
· Practise the ornaments so that they do not slow the tempo down.
· Make sure that you can successfully and accurately ripple the LH guitar-like passages.
· Keep fingers curved and towards the black keys, especially in the scale passages.
· Check your shoulders and wrists for excessive tension.
· Secure the start of the B section as this has new material.
· Make sure the acciaccaturas are crushed and snap cleanly.
· Mark in and observe the echo passages.
· Make sure it is all one speed; practise it at a moderate metronome speed and then gradually increase it.
· Secure starts and endings of A and B sections, memorise.
· Memorise tricky passages and practise them eyes shut too.