Thursday 4 September 2014

Introducing Yohondo


Introducing Yohondo

You may have noticed my references to and recommendations for Yohondo and so I thought that I should explain my rationale for these and my involvement. Yohondo is a software start-up that produces apps to help piano practice. The apps are a fun way to learn pieces, just put your iPad on the piano and we take you step by step through a piece with professional recordings, playalongs, animated notation, tips, games and technique videos.
Learning via a Yohondo app makes practice fun and almost addictive. It can be used alongside your weekly lessons to securely support your practice and to keep you on the right track in a 21st century way. You learn quickly, correctly and confidently. Here’s what some teachers and parents have said about us:
Learning the grade 3 piece Blue Sky Blues through Yohondo was an abso­lute rev­el­a­tion. It seemed way out of reach but with Yohondo the speed increase and con­fid­ence boost made it like learn­ing on ster­oids. Your accur­acy improves too because you learn to play it cor­rectly right from the start”. Alex, father and student, Brighton

My son found Yohondo incredibly useful, particularly the way the music was segmented into small pieces that he could both hear and see, so that he could really focus on the difficult bits.  The proof was in the exam result and he got distinction for all his pieces.” Najma, parent, London

"I have a piano studio with 35 students.  I have taught for 30 years and
recently discovered the Yohondo app.  What a brilliant idea!  I have several
students currently learning 'Super Duck' using the app.  It breaks the song
down into easy-to-learn steps which creates confidence quickly in my
students.  Because they gain confidence in each section quickly, they have
stuck with a song that they may have given up on with just sheet music.  The
background accompaniments are wonderful, providing them with a built in
metronome without realizing it!  I would love to have every song I teach on
Yohondo!!”
Lorie Burningham, Piano Teacher and Owner of The Piano Practice

I am a co-founder of Yohondo with John Holcroft, the software genius behind the apps. I provide the teacher break downs for each app piece. This ensures that each one follows sound pedagogical pathways and methods and will support what will be covered in the lesson.
I became involved because I believe that Yohondo supports piano teaching, motivates pupils and makes learning exciting and fun, something all teachers, pupils and parents want. We have apps for jazzy pieces, grade exam pieces and core piano repertoire. Explore them all at:

5 comments:

  1. The ABRSM apps are fantastic. Currently using allegro grade 3 and minuet in g grade 1 with my grand children and I can honestly that they have revolutionised learning the piano. Please bring out other grade 3 and 1 pieces for the 2015 - 2016 syllabus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling us that Miriam. It sounds like you are doing great things with your grandchildren!

      Delete
  2. The ABRSM apps are fantastic. Currently using allegro grade 3 and minuet in g grade 1 with my grand children and I can honestly that they have revolutionised learning the piano. Please bring out other grade 3 and 1 pieces for the 2015 - 2016 syllabus

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ABRSM apps are fantastic. Currently using allegro grade 3 and minuet in g grade 1 with my grand children and I can honestly that they have revolutionised learning the piano. Please bring out other grade 3 and 1 pieces for the 2015 - 2016 syllabus

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ABRSM apps are fantastic. Currently using allegro grade 3 and minuet in g grade 1 with my grand children and I can honestly that they have revolutionised learning the piano. Please bring out other grade 3 and 1 pieces for the 2015 - 2016 syllabus

    ReplyDelete